BODO MUCHE STUDIO - FOUNDRY
Bodo Muche Studio – Foundry was established by artists Bodo and Robyn Muche in 1978.
Under the direction of Robyn Muche, together with daughters Carley Muche Walker and Tania Muche and in collaboration with their team of artisans, the Studio produces the Fine Art works of Bodo Muche.
- In Situ
Process – Original
- Concept and design
- Sketch in two or three dimensions
- Original sculpture modelled in clay and wax, Bodo Muche Studio stamped into wax
- Maquette or finished size of the completed sculpture
Unique or numbered editions of original sculptures are hand crafted in bronze or stainless steel by the Lost Wax Casting process.
Process – LOST WAX CASTING PROCESS
- A mold of silicone rubber is made of original sculpture
- A positive in wax made from the negative mold
- Wax positive coated multiple times with liquid ceramic slurry
- Ceramic slurry forms hard Ceramic Shell around wax
- Ceramic shell fired in kiln, wax is melted away creating negative impression in shell
- The Ceramic shell reheated in kiln
- Molten bronze poured in to the Ceramic Shell forming positive cast in metal
- When cool ceramic shell chipped/sandblasted away
- Bronze cast fettled ie. welded, joined, retextured. Imperfections repaired & finished
- Bronze heated, chemical patina applied onto surface to achieve desired colour and tone
- Sculpture polished as required and coated with a layer of wax
- Finished sculpture signed and numbered.
Process – SHIPPING
Secure packing, insurance & shipping world wide.